Tutors: Ilia Olkhovskii, Saurabh Pandey
In this course we will teach programming in C++. This course is not intended to serve as an introduction for general programming. We expect that the Bioinformatics Master students taking this course are already proficient in programming.
Since this course is intended for Bioinformatics Master students, these students will be prioritized in case we have too many participants.
This course is credited with 5CP for Bioinformatics (master) students.
Computer Science students can get either 5CP or 6CP (if they decide to do some extra work, like an additional assignment, short seminar, or small project).
- Lectures will take place on Thursdays, 12:15 – 13:45, Building E2.1 Room 001
- The first lecture takes place on October 26, 2023.
- Tutorials will take place on Thursdays from 14:15 – 15:45, Building E2.1 Room 001
- We will alternate between regular Office Hours and actual Tutorial sessions where we discuss the assignment sheets.
- The first tutorial takes place on November 02, 2023.
Registration for the lecture:
- Please register for the course in our CMS to take part in the lectures and exercises.
- Course registration deadline in the CMS is November 01, 2023 at 23:59
Registration for the exam:
- To take part in the exam, you need to register additionally in the LSF
To obtain a certificate you need to:
- register in the LSF
- register in the CMS
- successfully complete assignment 0 (until November 08, 2023, 23:59)
- obtain at least 50% of points in the assignment sheets
- pass the exam
- February 20, 2024, 14:00-16:00, E2.5 HS1
- April 09, 2024, 14:00-16:00, E2.5 HS1
- Lecture slides and assignments, as well as a discussion forum can be found in our CMS.
- Your code should be hosted on our Gitlab. Accounts and repositories are going to be created for students being enrolled for the course.
- For Beginners:
- Stroustrup: Programming — Principles and Practice Using C++
- Breymann: C++ programmieren (German only)
- Advanced Reading:
- Meyers: Effective Modern C++
- Stroustrup: The C++ Programming Language
- Stroustrup: A tour of C++ (3th edition)