Lecturers: M. Sc. Georges P. Schmartz, M. Sc. Pascal Hirsch
Tutors: Matthias Flotho
In this course we will teach programming in C++. This course is not intended to serve as an introduction for general programming. We expect that the Bioinformatics Master students taking this course are already proficient in programming.
The number of participants is initially limited to 40. Since this course is intended for Bioinformatics Master students, these students will be prioritized in case we have too many participants.
This course is credited with 5CP for Bioinformatics (master) students.
Computer Science students can get either 5CP or 6CP (if they decide to do some extra work, like an additional assignment, short seminar, or small project).
- For Beginners:
- Stroustrup: Programming — Principles and Practice Using C++
- Breymann: Der C++ Programmierer (German only)
- Advanced Reading:
- Meyers: Effective Modern C++
- Stroustrup: The C++ Programming Language
- Stroustrup: A tour of C++ (2nd edition)
To obtain a certificate you need to:
- successfully complete assignment 0 (until October 26, 2021)
- obtain at least 50% of points in the assignment sheets
- pass the exam
- Lectures will take place on Wednesdays, 10:15-11:45, online via Microsoft Teams
- The first lecture takes place on October 20, 2021.
- Tutorials will take place on Wednesdays from 14:15-15:45, online via Microsoft Teams
- We will alternate between regular Office Hours and actual Tutorial sessions where we discuss the assignment sheets.
- 2nd March 2022, starting 9 am, Time schedule is uploaded in our Moodle.
- 5th April 2022
Registration for the lecture and the exam:
- Please register for the course in our Moodle to take part in the lectures and exercises.
- NOTE: Use your Saarland Informatics Campus (SIC) credentials for logging into Moodle!
- To take part in the exam, you need to register additionally here until one week before the (re-)examination date.