Lecturer: M. Sc. Fabian Kern
Teaching assistant: Georges P. Schmartz
In this course we will teach programming in C++. This course is not intended to serve as an introduction for general programming. We expect that the Bioinformatics Master students taking this course are already proficient in programming.
The number of participants is initially limited to 40. Since this course is intended for Bioinformatics Master students, these students will be prioritized in case we have too many participants.
This course is credited with 5CP for Bioinformatics students.
Computer science students can get either 5CP or 6CP (if they decide to do some extra work, like an additional assignment, short seminar, or small project).
- For Beginners:
- Stroustrup: Programming — Principles and Practice Using C++
- Breymann: Der C++ Programmierer (German only)
- Advanced Reading:
- Meyers: Effective Modern C++
- Stroustrup: The C++ Programming Language
- Stroustrup: A tour of C++ (2nd edition)
To obtain a certificate you need to:
- successfully complete assignment 0
- obtain at least 50% of points in the assignment sheets
- pass the exam
- Lectures will take place on Wednesdays, 10:15-11:45, Location TBD
- The first lecture takes place on November 4th, 2020.
- Tutorials will take place on Wednesdays from 14:00-16:00, Location TBD
Registration for the lecture and the exam:
- Please register in our Moodle for taking part in the exercises (starts November 4th 2020).
- To take part in the exam, you need to register additionally here.
- Lecture slides and assignments, as well as a discussion forum can be found in our Moodle.
- Your code should be hosted on our Gitlab. Accounts and repositories are going to be created for students being enrolled for the course in our Moodle.