Lecturer: M. Sc. Tobias Fehlmann
Lecturer: M. Sc. Fabian Kern
In this course we will teach programming in C++. This course is not intended to serve as an
introduction for general programming. We expect that the Bioinformatics Master students taking this course
are already proficient in programming.
The number of participants is initially limited to 40. Since this course is intended for Bioinformatics Master students,
these students will be prioritized in case we have too many participants.
This course is credited with 5CP for Bioinformatics students.
Computer science students can get either 5CP or 6CP (if they decide to do some extra work,
like an additional assignment, short seminar, or small project).
- For Beginners:
- Stroustrup: Programming — Principles and Practice Using C++
- Breymann: Der C++ Programmierer
- Advanced Reading:
- Meyers: Effective Modern C++
- Stroustrup: The C++ Programming Language
To obtain a certificate you need to:
- successfully complete assignment 0
- obtain at least 50% of points in the assignment sheets
- pass the exam
- Lectures will take place on Tuesdays, 10:15-11:45, Room 001 building E2.1
- The first lecture takes place on 15th October 2019.
- Update: Tutorials will take place on Wednesdays from 14:00-16:00, Room 001 building E2.1
Registration for the lecture and the exam:
- Please register in our Moodle for taking part in the exercises (starts 7th October 2019). Update: We have received 60 registrations for this course and had to close the registration without further notice. Thank you for your interests!
- To take part in the exam, you need to register additionally here.